Raw Hair? What is it? Find out why Raw hair is best on the market!
When it comes to hair extensions, many people aren’t that familiar with the different types of hair. Or how they’re made. Raw hair is probably the most unknown type of hair extensions there is. Most buyers are used to purchasing 100% virgin hair and being satisfied with the quality from their current providers that there’s no need to research for better types of hair. And this is perfectly OK. But for the people who are familiar with Raw hair and/or have done some kind of research on it knows that this is the best type of hair on the market. In this article we are going to discuss what is Raw Hair. And why it’s the best hair on the market.
What is Raw hair?
Before going into full depth about what Raw hair is, let me first ask you a simple question. Are you a natural or do you know what it means to be a natural? To be a natural means to have hair that has not been chemically processed in any way. It is in its natural true state from root to end. Depending on your ethnicity and hair type your natural hair could be really coarse and curly, wavy, straight, or etc. But whatever the case may be, it ultimately means hair that has not been previously processed by relaxers, texturizers, or perms. So what is Raw hair? It’s natural hair. Raw in short means that the hair has not been processed, manipulated, steamed, or treated with any chemicals or acid.
Besides remaining in its natural state, what makes Raw hair the best hair on the market? First, let me give you a little background on how Raw hair extensions are made. When a donor is being prepped for the removal of their hair, a few steps happens:
- A donors hair is tied into a ponytail to ensure that the hair is intact and that the cuticles will flow in one direction once the hair is cut.
- Hair is then removed from the donor’s scalp with a razor to get every bit of hair from the donor.
- Once removal is complete the hair is then taken to a tool that removes any loose hairs and/or tangles.
- The hair is then wefted using a sewing machine to create bundles (hair can also be sold in bulk, meaning not wefted/sewn to a track).
- Inspection then takes place to check for lice and nits and then removal.
- The hair is then cleaned with light shampoo and conditioner and ready for shipment.
Raw hair is the best hair on the market because:
- Each bundle is from a single donor. This means that all cuticles are in one direction which prevents tangling and matting.
- The hair has not been previously treated with any harsh chemicals or acids and is 100% unprocessed.
- The hair is in its natural Raw form giving you full control over the products used on your hair extensions.
Raw hair is much more expensive than 100% virgin hair because of its raw state, longevity, and the fact that each bundle is donated from a single donor. The most known brands of Raw hair are Indian Raw hair and Cambodian Raw hair. And unlike 100% virgin hair, Raw hair isn’t labeled by different grades (7a, 8a, 10a, 12a). Or unnatural textures (body wave, loose wave, kinky curly).